Maintenance Activities Include:
- Scheduled inspections of all moveable and stationary bridges and culverts.
- Repair and Replacement of bridge railing, decks, approaches and substructures
- Removal of Drift and Debris
- Erosion protection
- Moveable Bridge Operation and Maintenance
- Guardrail and Retaining Wall Repair and Maintenance
Rehabilitation activities include stringer replacement, deck replacement, bridge painting, etc. Several annual contracts are described below:
- Bridge Repair Project - The County typically has one bridge repair project annually. These types of projects are typically under $100,000.
- Bridge Painting Project - The County typically has one bridge painting project annually.
Reconstruction is the complete reconstruction of the bridge structural section or replacement with a large capacity culvert. Examples include:
- Bridge Replacement Project - The bridge replacement project involves removing the existing bridge and replacing it with a new concrete bridge or culvert, re-grading the existing channel, providing slope protection, replacing the existing road surface to match the existing surface, etc.
- Culvert Replacement Project - At this time the County replaces culverts in-house or using a minor contract
For maintenance on or near bridges:
Call 311 or 875-4311 or report online at www.311.saccounty.net