Movie Permits

Street use permits are required for movie related productions that occur on unincorporated area roadways.  When a Street Permit is used as a Filming or Movie Permit, the following conditions apply:

  • The applicant must be referred to the County Department of Finance to obtain a business license prior to applying for the street use permit.  For more information, visit Filming in Sacramento.
  • The Transportation Department Director should be consulted as to the use of any bridge.
  • A structural analysis must be made if the permittee requests any use of a bridge that might involve structural damage.
  • If County personnel are needed to assist the filming crew, a deposit and payment for the employee's time is required.
  • Public traffic is not allowed in the filming area if risks such as high speed car chases, or road flooding are possible; public safety and protection of the road and bridge system are of foremost importance.
  • Advertising filming can be more strictly regulated than regular filming, since it does not have the financial and community benefit of a regular film.

Contact Information 

For additional information concerning Movie Permits please contact:

Call 311 or 875-4311 or email