Sidewalk (New) and Curb Ramps

New Sidewalk Requests

The unincorporated area of Sacramento County has over $318 million of pedestrian infrastructure needs, including missing sidewalk segments.  These missing sidewalk gaps have been identified and prioritized in the Pedestrian Master Plan (PMP) that was approved by the Board of Supervisors in 2007.

New sidewalks will be constructed to fill existing gaps based on available funding and the PMP priority guidelines.  When a request for a new sidewalk segment is received, the location is documented, prioritized based on the PMP, and added to a future project list for consideration when funding becomes available.

To request a new sidewalk segment(s) in your neighborhood ​please submit a request online at:

Sacramento County 311

Go to “Request Services Online” i​n the right hand menu.​​

New Curb Ramp Requests

Ada compliant curb In March 2005 the Board of Supervisors approved the Department of Transportation “Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Transition Plan”.

The ADA Transition Plan provides guidelines and identifies locations for the removal of physical barriers in the public right-of-way within the unincorporated County that prohibit access for the disabled community.  An example of a physical barrier is the lack of a curb ramp(s) at a street corner.  A curb ramp (see photo) allows a wheelchair to access a street crosswalk from the sidewalk.

Many considerations can be involved in the installation of a curb ramp that can greatly influence the installation schedule and cost, such as the need for obtaining additional right-of-way.  Curb ramps are installed at intersections in the unincorporated County based on usage and as funding permits.  When a request for curb ramps is received, the location is documented, and added to a future project list to be considered when funding becomes available.

Contact Information

To request the installation of curb ramps, or the removal of an existing barrier that limits access in the County right-of-way, please submit a request online at:

Sacramento County 311

Go to “Request Services Online” in the right hand menu.​​