Street Use Permits

Street Use Permits are issued by the Right of Way Management Section and are required for organized activity within the roadway. Examples of these activities include street parades, races, block parties, litter clean-up, and covering of nonessential "No Parking" signs to allow parking for special events.  A street use permit for the closure of a roadway can be considered if the following criteria is met:

  • The street must be a cul-de-sac, dead end or circle street, OR
  • The section being closed is less than a 1/2 mile in length and is intersected by two other residential streets.

Streets cannot be closed if one of the following conditions exist:

  • Speed limit on street is greater than 25 mph.
  • Street is an arterial street with more than two lanes.​

30 days should be allowed for the processing of a Street Use Permit application. Street Use Permit detailed instruction application.

Visit the ​Right of Way Management web page for more information on other section activities.

Additional Information​

Call 311 or 875-4311 or send an email to​​.